We are set apart by our unrivalled experience in technology law, informed by our on-the-ground, personal experience in operating successful technology businesses locally and internationally.
We also know how to assist innovative businesses to expand internationally. This includes international protection and commercialisation of your technologies and intellectual property portfolios, foreign market entry and international corporate structuring for investment and growth. We have extensive experience in licensing technology internationally.
Our clients also benefit from our expertise in the legal issues that arise in the information technology industry, including matters relating to privacy, IT outsourcing, software ownership and development, user agreements, technology regulation and online businesses.
mdp offers a comprehensive and integrated suite of commercial and intellectual property services including:
- Patent, branding and design strategy and searching services
- Audits and availability searches
- Advice on registerability of trade marks, designs, patents and inventions
- Trade mark applications
- Domain name registrations
- Copyright protection and advice
- Design applications
- Patent applications
- Protection of trade secrets and confidential information
- Outsourcing and procurement arrangements
- Protection and commercialisation of new technologies, including licensing or sale of such technologies
- Domain name and other intellectual property disputes
- Negotiating and drafting commercial agreements, including:
- complex intellectual property licence and royalty agreements;
- software licences;
- executive employment contracts;
- performance-based contracts;
- shareholder agreements; and
- partnership agreements.
- Expansion of online businesses, both locally and internationally
- Privacy and data protection issues
- Technology regulatory compliance
- Corporate structuring and restructuring for tax efficiency, risk management and investment
- Fundraising and capital raising
- Commercial and strategic advisory
- Strategic advice on business growth and foreign market entry
- Cross-border transactions
- International structuring and incorporation