Careers at mdp
Working at mdp is both challenging and rewarding.
Every member of our team is committed to and passionate about our areas of practice. We aim to provide exceptional advice and assistance to our clients. Our advisors are commercially-minded, inquisitive, proactive, genuine and personable.
Staff benefits at mdp include:
- flu shots;
- continuing professional development programme;
- associated professional memberships and practising certificate fees;
- remote network access for legal staff; and
- social events and functions.
For general enquiries, contact Dianne McDonald, Practice Manager, at email@example.com.
Personal Assistant/Legal Secretary - IP Commercial
Top Boutique CBD Firm with offices in Melbourne & Sydney
- We seek a senior level Personal Assistant or Legal Secretary to work in an intellectual property (IP) and Commercial role
- mdp is a boutique commercial and IP practice with offices in Melbourne & Sydney CBD
- The role involves interesting and challenging work
- We work with innovative clients both national and international
We have a role available for a senior level Legal Secretary within our Melbourne team where you will find your efforts and hard work will be recognised and appreciated.
About mdp Lawyers & Patent Attorneys P/L
mdp is a boutique commercial and intellectual property practice based in William Street, Melbourne and has recently expanded to include an additional office in Sydney. With discerning and commercially astute clientele, we develop timely, commercial outcomes for clients wanting practical solutions.
We have a substantial international practice with broad industry experience, and work regularly in the manufacturing, international trade, information technology, university education and healthcare sectors. Our lawyers and patent attorneys are highly skilled IP and commercial specialists who regularly work with other professional services. For more information on mdp, please see our About Us page.
About the Role
This is a busy but not frantic role which has very interesting work with a variety of Intellectual Property, Commercial and Litigation matters. The team at mdp are diligent, close knit and also a very friendly and sociable group who are a pleasure to work with. mdp has been paper light for several years and therefore this role does not involve filing.
The role is primarily working as PA to the Managing Director as well as assisting other lawyers with a variety of legal secretarial duties from time to time. You will be someone who likes to keep busy, is highly organised, has a great sense of satisfaction in completing tasks in a timely manner, takes initiative within the scope of the position as well as enjoys working as part of a friendly team, and assisting others when workload permits. Support staff are rarely asked to work beyond regular office hours.
On a daily basis some of your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to;
- preparing and amending letters and general correspondence
- diary management and arranging appointments
- coordinating travel arrangements
- extensive file and email management
- assisting with the preparation of bills
- drafting court documents and preparing briefs
- other administrative tasks as required
In addition you will have;
- Considerable prior legal secretary/PA experience
- the ability to multi-task, prioritise and organise
- accurate and advanced MS Word/typing skills
- a keen eye for detail
- a friendly and approachable personality
What to expect from us
- become part of a highly regarded, dynamic and friendly team;
- a high level of client contact;
- a variety of interesting work
- salary commensurate with your experience.