Our solutions are informed by firsthand experience of operating successful international businesses.
Due to the nature of our practice and our clients’ businesses, we have extensive international experience and a strong global focus. We continually assist with global business expansions into new markets, including through capital and fundraising, corporate structuring and cross-border transactions.
We are part of an extensive international network of advisors spanning 155 jurisdictions.
With so many of our clients working globally, we need to be able to obtain prompt, high-quality and cost-effective legal support from all corners of the globe, whenever required. All our advisors are carefully selected based on the quality and timeliness of their advice and their like-minded approach. Members of our International Referral (IR) Group network, like us, are responsive and forward-thinking and offer legal advice alongside broader strategic development support for businesses.
Unlike conglomerates, we have the flexibility to choose the best international advisors for each matter and provide you with cost-effective advice and strategic solutions.
Shaun Cozens, Managing Director of DTA Australia
Australia PostWe are the exclusive intellectual property and legal service provider for Australia Post’s new platform that supplies SMEs with information on doing business overseas: Growing Global.
Selected as one of 2 firms to provide IP services and legal services to Victorian businesses who were awarded grants to export their goods and services (Boost Your Business Vouchers program).
Advised on global expansion of their environmental technology — Leighton O’Brien is now the largest provider of retail petroleum fuel management in the world.
*mdp Managing Director Michael McDonald is the Chairman of Leighton O'Brien.
- International filing of trade marks, patents and designs
- Protection and commercialisation of new technologies in new markets
- Expansion of online businesses, both locally and internationally
- Corporate structuring and restructuring for tax efficiency, risk management and investment
- Fundraising and capital raising
- Commercial and strategic advisory
- Strategic advice on business growth and foreign market entry
- Cross-border transactions
- International structuring and incorporation
- Negotiating and drafting commercial agreements for new markets, including:
- complex intellectual property licence and royalty agreements;
- software licences;
- shareholder agreements; and
- partnership agreements.