We believe that integrating your IP and commercialisation strategies will get your business investment- and growth-ready.
We have worked alongside our clients through the process of getting their businesses investment-ready. Our commercialisation approach ensures you hold your assets in entities that are risk- and tax-effective. Whether you are seeking to apply for or commercialise your intellectual property assets, locally or internationally, we will guide your business through every step of the process.
Intellectual property licensing is the most cost-effective way of obtaining the most value from your IP.
Intellectual property licensing allows you to retain control over these assets while providing an ongoing income stream. Conversely, licensing also gives rise to particular risks that need to be managed.
Whether you have existing intellectual property or an idea or innovation on which you would like to capitalise, we can advise you on the best commercialisation alternative for your business. We also negotiate and draft licence agreements to ensure that you are in the most commercially advantageous position.
Reed Leighton, CEO of Leigton O'Brien
ICEE Folding Box
Assisted on commercialisation and licensing its global folding box technology to Atlas EPS (U.S.), Toho Industries Co. Ltd (Japan), and Samil Innopak Co. Ltd (South Korea).
*mdp Managing Director Michael McDonald is the Chairman of ICEE.
Advised on structuring and drafting a license agreement between the university and a private company to jointly exploit ground breaking technology in energy storage alternatives.
Energy of Things
Drafted joint venture agreement between Deakin University, Energy Of things and Australia Post to deliver digital communication services.
mdp offers a comprehensive and integrated suite of commercialisation services including:
- Protection and commercialisation of new technologies, including licensing or sale of such technologies
- Negotiating and drafting commercial agreements, including:
- complex intellectual property licence and royalty agreements;
- research and development agreements;
- software licences;
- distribution agreements;
- shareholder agreements; and
- partnership agreements
- Expansion into new and international markets
- Cross-border transactions
- International structuring and incorporation
- Corporate structuring and restructuring for tax efficiency, risk management and investment
- Fundraising and capital raising
- Commercial and strategic advisory
- Breach of contract
- Due diligence and intellectual property audits
- Transactional advice