What sets us apart from other technology law firms is our personal on-the-ground experience in operating successful tech businesses locally and internationally.
Our directors co-own and sit on the board of various tech companies, and our Managing Director Michael McDonald is currently the Vice-Chair of the Intellectual Property Committee at ITechLaw (International Technology Law Association).
Our tech clients value our ideal combination of intellectual property, commercial and corporate expertise – a mix which means we can advise you on all facets of your business.
We have helped many of our clients in the tech space to expand internationally. This includes international protection and commercialisation of your technologies and intellectual property portfolios, foreign market entry, and international corporate structuring for investment and growth.
We can assist you on the legal issues that arise in the information technology industry – including matters relating to privacy, IT outsourcing, software ownership and development, user agreements, technology regulation and online businesses – whether locally or internationally.
mdp offers a comprehensive and integrated suite of technology services including:
- Negotiating and drafting commercial agreements, including:
- software agreements and software licences;
- complex intellectual property licence and royalty agreements;
- shareholder agreements; and
- partnership agreements.
- Privacy and data protection issues
- Technology regulatory compliance
- Outsourcing and procurement arrangements
- Domain name registrations
- Intellectual property protection, including:
- Copyright protection and advice
- Trade mark applications
- Patent applications
- Design applications
- Patent, branding and design strategy and searching services
- Audits and availability searches
- Advice on registerability of trade marks, designs, patents and inventions
- Protection of trade secrets and confidential information
- Domain name and other intellectual property disputes
- Commercialisation of new technologies, including licensing or sale of such technologies
- Expansion of online businesses, both locally and internationally
- Corporate structuring and restructuring for tax efficiency, risk management and investment
- Fundraising and capital raising
- Commercial and strategic advisory
- Strategic advice on business growth and foreign market entry
- Cross-border transactions
- International structuring and incorporation